What do you do with a sirloin steak?! Sure you can grill it just like a striploin or rib, but sometimes I just want something a little different and perhaps you do too. Today I’m going to share with you a quick and easy meal that uses sirloin steak.
Kebabs sound kind of complicated, and sometimes they are if you need to marinate a tougher cut to tenderize it enough to cook it quickly and still be able to chew it. Sirloin steak however is already tender and isn’t as pricey as a striploin so is perfect for a family dinner option. Plus, they are often done on the BBQ, but this recipe is done in the oven which is way easier in the winter, or if you can’t get out of the kitchen easily.
Sirloin Steak Kebabs
Serves 4 people
- One 1lb Little Trickle Farm Sirloin Steak
- Two red bell peppers
- One yellow or red onion
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- avocado oil
- plain yogurt
- green onion or cilantro
- One lemon
- Preheat oven to 450F Broil setting
- Chop peppers and onion into ~1 inch chunks
- Cut sirloin steak into ~1inch cubes
- Toss all the kebab ingredients in avocado oil, salt, pepper & cumin
- Put onto skewers
- Place the skewers on a cooling rack or directly onto a cookie sheet if you don’t have a rack
- Place in oven for 6-8 minutes turning half way through
- While the kebabs are cooking squeeze a lemon, chop up the green onion or cilantro
- Mix into a bowlful of yogurt.
- Take kebabs out of oven and serve right away!
- Serve with pita bread if desired and other toppings, or with salad, roast potatoes-whatever you have around or have time for.